The Text Area control allows users to enter text information into a text box.
Like almost all SPARK controls, you can trigger events that are fired when the user interacts with the control (see the Event and Methods sections below and the Event Handling article for more information).
The Text control can be bound to a String variable.
Width The width of the text area (%, px, em)
Height The height of the text area (%, px, em)
Size Style Default, Large, Small
Label Placement Top, Left
Tab Index Allows you to control the order of tabbing within a page. It's important to note that tab indices start at 1, instead of at 0
Placeholder Text Filler text until user inputs text
Regular Expression Allows you to use regular expressions for data validation
These are the configuration option settings...
This is the result...
With the Text Area control, there are 5 types of event handlers:
- On Load When the page loads
- On Change When there is a change
- On Focus When you click onto this particular control
- On Blur When you are click out of this particular control
- On Input When there is something entered into the Text Area
For detailed information on the available methods for this control, access the JS Doc file.
- Author: Courtney Silva
- Date Created: June 19, 2015
- Date Modified: June 19, 2015